the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Friday 4 January 2008

OMAHAIGOD

BUSTED.....had the worst run at omaha.i was the chipleader at 2 tables.I had about $100 at each table.Within 30 minutes,i had lost 5 or 6 races.On each occasion i had raised preflop.got callers,flopped trips.And every time some punk chased their flush,or straight...HIT THE BASTARD.
Sure,i made a few bad moves now and again.But my table image was such,that the callers of my bets knew i had trips on the flop.
Yes in the long run,i want my trips to be called.It will be profitable.It still feels like shit though.

'ok.ok...calm down sehti,take deep breaths...relax' FUKIN**/!!*!@!!&****?

deeeeeeeeeeep breath.breeeath,nice a n d s l o w

SO WHAT HAVE I LEARNT?

As chipleader,i can control the game to an extent.I should adjust my game to keep pots small.............IMPORTANT KEEP POTS SMALL.
Better still,i should just leave the table once i have tripled my buy in.

All this ofcourse is the right thing to do when you have a small bankroll.I wouldnt heed this advice if I had a larger bankroll.A bankroll that could cope with big downswings.

So,i will have to make a deposit this year afterall.I got five days into this year with free money.Not bad.I think i will take a shot at a couple of freerolls tomorrow,before i make a deposit on Monday

2 comments:

pokershow said...

just found your blog.I have just started out playing seriously.I think your blog has some great advice for newbie/lucky fish like myself.
I wish you luck,and i will keep track of your progress

sehti said...

aah,you class me as a poker minnow.
Check back on my blog around april/may.You will have to re-categorize me