the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Tuesday 1 January 2008

GLOOM,BUT NOT DOOMED

i had a good run at PLOmaha today.Playing at $0.15/0.25 tables,i managed to get my bankroll to about £110.I decide to have a go at $0.5/1 NLH.Depositing $40 i busted out in the 2nd hand with my AA,losing to trip 7's,after i had reraised allin.I guess the guy put me on AK or something and fancied a 50/50 shot.
Although i had planned not to put anymore money into this stake level I felt the game was ideal for me to win at.The table was full of passive players.They would call bottom pair on flop,and gutshot draws.So i deposited another $80.Shortly afterwards i flopped a straight.I made a 2/3rds of pot bet.I was called by loose caller.I put him on a pair or a gutshot and continued with a bet on the turn.He raised me allin.I know he has got two pair.I call-he gets lucky with fullhouse.
This was definetly a game i could beat.My Instinct was telling me to buy in with the rest of my money.I thought about this for a while...considered whether to call it a day.But the game was too good to leave,I only wished i had a bigger bankroll.So buying in with the remaining $90,i got this upto $160 within 20mins.At this stage my sensible side was telling me to leave the table.Worrying about risking all my bankroll I made a mental note not to go below $140 unless absolutely ahead in a pot.
Shortly afterwards I floped a fullhouse against a weak player.By the turn we were both more or less allin.Only for him to make a bigger fullhouse on the turn.

Although disapointed with losing my bankroll,I still have another £50 bonus due by thursday.

I have settled now on playing $0.15/0.25 PLH and $0.25/0.5 NLH.I think i have the game to win and enjoy myself at this levels.

So,although i would normally deposit about £100 into my account now.I will resist the temptation and wait 36hrs to get my bonus money.Thereby keeping my deposited money this year at ZERO.

No comments: