the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Monday 31 December 2007

NEW BEGININGS

as i had no bankroll,i entered a freeroll with 500 other runners.I came second to take £28.It was unusual tournament for me.I had no tough decisions to make,no 50/50 races.The only time i put all my chips in was when someone try to bluff me of pots when i had nut straights and nutt flushes.

I took a break and returned to play cash games.In all I have played for 5 hrs,excluding breaks.I have taken the bankroll to £61.That is an income of £12/hr.On top of this i am due a £50 bonus.So my bankroll will be £111 soon............A good start in the new year.Its all free money.I will stick with low limit cash games for a few days now.I think if i can get my bankroll to £300 plus,i can have real motivation not deposit any of my own money.

Not trying to get too ahead of myself-I think i will make a plan of action.I need to set myself targets about what to do when i reach certain amounts of cash.I want to reward myself with any poker winnings.This way i hope to develope a psychological link between playing good poker and enjoying life.

TARGET

  1. Upon reaching £200-I will withdraw £50,take my daughter out for a day.
  2. Upon reaching £300-I will withdraw £100-go shopping for new clothes

These are big percentages of my bankroll.But i have never enjoyed myself with the winnings i have had in the past.That was prehaps the reason why i lost it back by going on huge tilts.

i wish everyone a happy new year-and PLEASE ENJOY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOUR

No comments: