the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Wednesday 19 December 2007

STILL LOSING

I have made a post for a long while now.The truth is i only bother to post on this blog when i have run out of money,and have nothing else to do.I come back to this blog when i delude myself into thinking that i am analysing my game,and am taking positive steps towards becoming a profit making player.
I will now tell you about something that i think will improve my game.I am a big fan of DRAGONS DEN.Something i have noticed the dragons do a lot is,ask business people how they will get a return on the money they invest;and whether the potential returns are worth the investment.I am going to start asking these questions when i play poker.Naturally not all my 'investments'will be a success,however these questions should help give some bearings to my game.
I play mostly NLH,and i use poker odds in a very lose way.Instead I look at how much i will make if i hit.Well this is what Doyle suggests is the best way to play.There are to problems with this
1.Every other player on the internet plays the Doyle way.So the game feels like a lottery;and you always fear the bluff.
2.And boy do you need some discipline to play this way.As often happens I dont hit my draws for a while.I start chasing.I want big pots.I'm gonna hit soon.Then i'm broke.THEN I POST ENTRY ON MY BLOG.
p.s
MY GOAL BEFORE MY NEXT POST.
I will start with a bankroll of £60 on about christmas day.I will make this into £600 within a weak.If i dont post,it means that i have had a big torny win, and am making too much money.Or i am suffering from depression.

1 comment:

sehti said...

well,i wish you luck madigi.Most players like myself loose in the long run.I enjoy poker,and cannot see myself ever stop playing.So i might aswell try to become a profitable player.This is why i have started this blog.Hopefully the future posts will be about how i changed my strategy to become a profit making player