the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Friday 21 December 2007

new and improved me

I earned £150 from work today.I deposited £50 of this into my poker account.A bit more than i had set myself;well,elements of the chase mentality are not totally eliminated.Feelimg tired and drowsy,I played omaha for about half an hour.Got my bankroll to £60 and took an hours nap.
The stress of losing money playing poker over the last few months has left me in an emotionally weak state,and a general feeling of emptiness.To resolve this problem I have decided to be nicer to people.Interact more positively with people and do some good deeds.Well,an opprtunity arose today.A neighbour ,who has a delivery round,was suffering from a bad cold.I noticed him struggling to load up his van and offered to help him load up, aswell as deliver the goods.He was very appreciative and brought me a nice take-away meal when we finished.

boy did i feel good

feeling happy,calm, relaxed and in control.Poker awaits

Played PL OMAHA for about 90 mins.After a long time have I enjoyed poker so much.I played a tight passive game,check calling alot.I found this was the best strategy for the table.Most the players were multi-tabling.They were playing a very cautious game.As long as I had the bottle to make a river bluff now and again,I would make a profit at the table.I got my bankroll to £90.I was feeling great.what a player i am.no sign of tilt.passing good hands when i knew i was beat.Feeling a little invincible,I made a few creative moves and got caught bluffing.My bankroll was down to £70......WHAT,one damn silly mistake and i lose nearly 25% of my bankroll.I suppose i had gone into an excitable state of mind.This is no good for poker,so i decide to finish for the day.

lesson learned today.

try to be in the right frame of mind before playing poker.Its not all about being cold and calculating.Nurture your emotional side to.For me this is most important in getting me in an optimam state of mind.

2 comments:

HootHoot said...

That is one of the hardest things to discipline yourself about when it comes to poker...being in the right state of mind for it. I have enjoyed reading your progression as a poker player. I will continue to read on!!

sehti said...

thankyou for your comments rmw.Do you play yourself,and do you have a blog