the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Saturday 22 December 2007

slow and steady-FEELS GREAT

I had a hard day at work today.Left at 10am ant got back at 10pm.Made about £120.Although I was extremely tired,I felt I needed to play poker to get a little boost..... most people get this from caffeine.
I played at 2 tables of PLOmaha 10p/20p.In short I made £10,taking my bankroll to £80.This feels great ,as I have a £200 in my pocket for living expensive.This separation of living money and poker money is something that is absolutely essential to be succesfull.

I was tempted to play higher stakes,but thankfully managed to control myself.Although I prefer to play No-limit holdem,it is such a boring game at the lower limits.The patience/discipline required I dont have.In fact I would go as far as to say that you have to be a better player to win at the lower levels.All those calling stations, bluffers,fish,bingo players leave me angered and frustrated.....ususally resulting in tilt.

At the moment, atleast, omaha is a more interesting game for me.I think it is still a thoughtfull and skillfull game,even at the lower limits.Although you have to be prepared to take bigger swings in your bankroll.


overall assesment of todays game.
I thought i played at almost the best I good.I have started to develope a good instinct in Omaha now.I was putting my oponents on their hands fairly accurately.Prehaps I need to gather a bit more courage to make bigger bluffs,when my opponents are holding mediocre hands.
Best of all,I am enjoying poker again.
I AM TAKING MY PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITIONING AS SERIOUSLY AS AN BOXER WOULD TAKE HIS PHYSICAL CONDITIONING.

No comments: