the dream of a novice players journey to becoming a pro player

Thursday 20 December 2007

happy,positive mental attitude.

i played poker for three hours today.I deposited £25.I got this up to £44 within 2 hours.This was all the money I had.Before playing i knew i had to withdraw atleast £10 today.So i started a very tight game of pot-limit omaha.I kept the pots as small as possible,as i didnt want to risk loosing all chips to a bad draw hitting.I rarely made a potsize bet when strong on the flop.Instead I was betting between 25%-75% of the pot.I found that my bets were being treated as suspicious.I was given cheap cards to hit on the turn and river to win the pot;or my bluffs were succesfull more often.This is different to my normal game of poker.I usually want to make big pots,and make big bets when strong.What normally happens when i play like this is that i lose alot of chips by getting outdrawn by someone who gets seduced by the size of the pot.
Whilst playing omaha,i also at 1 table of NLH 5p/10p.Again i was playing different to my normal game.I would limp into almost every hand.What happens at this level is that players call with bottom pair on flop,hoping to catch 2 pair.My strategy was to target such players.I would get them to committ all chips when i had top 2pair or the nutts.I was very successfull at it today.

anyway.I have withdrawn £20,and have £24 left in account.I have registersd for a £20 torny.

I am going to work tomorrow.I should earn about £80.I will not use this money to play poker with.I am fed up with playing with money,i need,to live on.It gets me into a stessfull state of mind-always on the 'chase'.If I earn anything more than £80,i will use noe more than 40% of it to play poker.

No comments: